With 12 patents to his name, plus almost forty years of experience with product design and patents, owner Matthew Stein, PE has provided expert witness services for patent litigation and product liability cases. Most of these cases have settled out of court, but on one of the two patent infringement cases that went to trial, Stein was the key expert witness for the plaintiff in a case where the jury awarded a very substantial eight-figure judgment against the defendant. In a more recent case, Stein provided critical testimonial for an injury/liability trial in which the jury awarded the plaintiff $1.8M.
Stein’s background as a National Merit Scholar, MIT graduate and bestselling author, combined with his extensive media experience on television, radio and in public speaking engagements, make him a formidable expert witness who is not only technically savvy but also presents exceptionally well in front of judge and jury.
Areas of Expertise:
- Patent Infringement and/or Invalidity
- Consumer Product Design and Liability
- Cash Machines and Paper/Membrane Handling Devices
- Telephone Head Sets and Small Scale Sonar Devices
- Water Filtration, Drinking Fountains, & Misc Plumbing Products
- Safety Showers and Eyewash Equipment
- ANSI/ISEA Z358.1 American National Standard for Emergency Eyewash and Shower Equipment
- Plumbing Fixtures and Valves
- Medical Devices, Especially Medical Filters
- Acoustics and Electro-Mechanical Devices
- Photovoltaic Panels and Wind Turbine Components
- Computer Peripherals
- Plastic Part Design and Application (Several Published Articles)
- Named Inventor on 12 US Patents
- As the author of two bestselling books, and numerous magazine and trade journal articles, Stein has outstanding written communication skills.
- Stein’s oral communication skills are also exceptional, having appeared on over a hundred radio and television programs and being a repeat guest on dozens of shows, including Fox News, MSNBC, Gary Null, Coast-to-Coast AM, and the Thom Hartmann Show.